What are the symptoms of Celiac Diseases?
Classic signs of celiac disease are diarrhea and weight loss, though many people with celiac disease experience few or no digestive signs or symptoms.
Other signs and symptoms of celiac disease include:
- Anemia, usually due to iron deficiency
- Metabolic bone disease (osteoporosis or osteomalacia)
- Elevations in liver transaminases
- A specific skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis
- Numbness and tingling in the feet and hands (peripheral neuropathy)
- Damage to dental enamel
- Headaches and fatigue