Dr. Troncale practices in our Hamden and Guilford Offices. He is affiliated with Yale- New Haven Hospital/Saint Raphael Campus, Milford Hospital and Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- Practices in Milford
- Practices in Hamden
- Reflux / Barret's Esophagus /GERD *
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's and Colitis
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Diseases of a Small Bowel
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pancreatic Disease
Dr. Troncale was born in Birmingham, Alabama and attended Loyola University of the South where he obtained B.S. in Biological Sciences. He then received an M.D. from Tulane University. From there he went on to complete his internship and residency in New York City and Boston. After a three year stint in the United States Army Medical Corp (Walter Reed and Bangkok, Thailand), he completed his gastroenterology fellowship at Cornell University Medical Center and Sloan-Kettering Institute.
He is an active member of the Shoreline Village of Connecticut, a non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to keeping older individuals in their homes.
Dr. Troncale founded GCC and ECC in 1997 with Drs. Taylor and Vender. His special interests include esophageal diseases, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and general gastrointestinal diseases.
- M.D., 1962, Tulane University
- M.S. in Biochemistry, 1962, Tulane University
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, 1958, Loyola University of the South
- Board Certified Internal Medicine, 1970
- Board Certified Gastroenterology, 1973
- Clinical NIH Fellowship, 1970-1971, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital
- Gastroenterology Fellowship, 1968-1970, New York Hospital – Cornell University Medical Center
- Internal Medicine Residency, 1967-1968, Harvard Medical School, Boston City Hospital
- United States Army Service (Captain), 1964-1965, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
- United States Army Service (SEATO), 1965-1967, Medical Research Unit, Bangkok, Thailand
- Internship and Medical Residency, 1962-1964, St. Luke’s Hospital, New York City
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Medical Association
- American College of Gastroenterology