Dr. Taylor practices in our Hamden and Milford Offices. He is affiliated with Endoscopy Center of Connecticut, Yale New Haven Hospital (Yale & St. Raphael Campus) as well as Bridgeport Hospital - Milford Campus.
- Practices in Milford
- Practices in Hamden
- Reflux / Barret's Esophagus /GERD *
- Celiac Disease *
- Crohn's and Colitis
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Diseases of a Small Bowel
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pancreatic Disease
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies *
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Dr. Taylor was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado and attended University of Rochester in New York where he received his Bachelor of Arts Degree while completing his Master of Arts Degree in Gerontology from the University of Chicago. He then moved to Boston where he obtained his M.D. from Tufts University School of Medicine. From there, he completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center at the University of Chicago and his Gastroenterology fellowship at Harvard Medical School's Beth Israel Hospital.
In 1997 Dr. Taylor co-founded Gastroenterology Center of Connecticut and Endoscopy Center of Connecticut. He also served as Chief of Gastroenterology at Milford Hospital from 1999-2001. Dr. Taylor is also Editor-in-Chief and contributing author of two major Gastroenterology textbooks, titled Gastrointestinal Emergencies that have been translated into Chinese and are still recommended textbooks in many Gastroenterology training programs.
Dr. Taylor had a vision to preserve private practice in our community, and starting in 2010, he organized a multi-specialty group of physicians who joined together with our own GCC to form Physicians Alliance of CT (PACT). PACT is a vertically integrated multi-specialty group that works to help doctors prepare for the changes that are occurring in medicine so private practice physicians can continue to give our patients the attention and care they deserve. PACT went live in the fall of 2013 and Dr. Taylor is Chairman of the Board.
He is featured in the Cambridge edition of “Who's Who”.
Dr. Taylor has been chosen as a “Top Doc” with Connecticut Magazine for the past 9 consecutive years until 2017 when it was absorbed by Best Doctors. As well, Dr. Taylor has been selected as one of the “Best Doctors in America” for 24 consecutive years.
The thing he is most proud of is his family. His eldest daughter is board certified in Pathology and Dermatopathology. She trained at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and she is currently doing a Dermatology residency at the University of Louisville. His second daughter is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine and is an Emergency Room Veterinarian. His son is a law student at the University of Wisconsin on a merit scholarship studying health care law. His wife is a clinical psychologist. Dr. Taylor is very proud of his entire family.
- Doctor of Medicine, 1981, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Master of Arts in Gerontology, 1977, University of Chicago
- Bachelor of Arts, 1977, University of Rochester
- Board Certified Gastroenterology, 1989
- Board Certified Internal Medicine, 1984
- Clinical Fellowship, 1985-1987, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Hospital
- Internal Medicine Residency, 1982-1984, Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center, University of Chicago
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Medical Association
- New Haven Medical Society
- Connecticut State Medical Society